Advertise with Http://rene-memory-list.blogspot.com

14 April 2011

The World's Most Expensive Coffee - Kopi Luwak - Made in Indonesia

Firstly, I'd like to introduce this cute lil animal to you all.
His name is Civet or Luwak ! =D



What's so special about him?
He eats the coffee berries for their fleshy pulp !!



I just knew that coffee beans actually comes from coffee BERRY lol
I thought coffee grew on the ground as it is black ! Hahaha..
Wrong perception lol (omg I am showing off my stupidity here)


Then, in its stomach, proteolytic enzymes seep into the beans,
making shorter peptides and more free amino acids.
Passing through a civet's intestines the beans are then defecated,
keeping their shape.
Source: Wikipedia

AHRR !! Which mean, this is how the poo looks like!



OMG I can't believe I just drank this lol
So, he bought some Coffee Luwak or Kopi Luwak for me.
He got it when he went to Jakarta last month.



What is Coffee Luwak or Kopi Luwak?
Kopi luwak (Malay pronunciation: [ˈkopi ˈlu.aʔ]), or civet coffee,
is one of the world's most expensive and low-production coffee.
It is made from the beans of coffee berries which have been eaten
by the Asian Palm Civet (Paradoxurus hermaphroditus)
and other related civets, then passed through its digestive tract.
Kopi luwak is produced mainly on the islands of
Sumatra, Java, Bali and Sulawesi in the Indonesian Archipelago.
Kopi luwak is the most expensive coffee in the world,
selling for between US $100 and $600 per pound.
Source: Wikipedia

Again, which mean, in short,
The world's most expensive coffee is actually made from POO!



Beware of imitation product!
Btw, he got it for about Rp. 150.000 abt almost $20 per sachet.
The price is based on seasonality.
It can goes up to US$ 50 per sachet.
let me repeat per sachet !




After drinking, my opinion is;
Omg. Civet is amazing! He earns more money than me Hahaha..
I am not a coffee person but I can says that
it smells greater than other coffee.
Whereas for the taste wise,
it tastes just like any other coffee except the fact that it's a bit bitter!
Or maybe it's just me, it's not my cup of coffee..
Hahahaha Anyway!
Here's a video if you're interested to know more about Kopi Luwak! =)



Visit http://www.kopiluwak.org

8 comments :

  1. pagi gan! untuk kopi luwaknya sudah pnya penangkaran sendiri??? thks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous18 May, 2013

    If you wish for to take a great deal from this
    article then you have to apply such strategies to your won website.


    My site ... Vydox Review

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous19 May, 2013

    Great post. I'm going through a few of these issues as well..

    Also visit my website - Ultra Slim Patch Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous20 May, 2013

    Hello! I understand this is kind of off-topic but I needed to
    ask. Does managing a well-established blog such
    as yours take a lot of work? I am brand new to writing a blog however I do write in my diary on a daily basis.
    I'd like to start a blog so I will be able to share my own experience and views online. Please let me know if you have any kind of recommendations or tips for new aspiring blog owners. Appreciate it!

    Here is my weblog :: Veluminous Skin Care

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous23 May, 2013

    I'm gone to tell my little brother, that he should also go to see this weblog on regular basis to get updated from most up-to-date reports.

    Also visit my site - plan your searching Stay in dubai hotels near buying center

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous23 May, 2013

    I have leaгn sоme excellent stuff heгe.
    Definіtely vаluе bοoκmarking
    for rеviѕitіng. I ѕurprisе how much effort
    you placе to create this type оf ωоnderful informatіve sіte.


    My web sіte ... Paris Low-Priced Hotels - France finest vacation

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous24 May, 2013

    Hi! Do уоu know if they maκe аny plugіns to safeguard against hackers?
    I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked hard on.
    Anу tips?

    Fеel free tо ѕurf to my webѕite:
    Discounted Hotel A few Easy Advice on Getting The Finest Resort Savings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous25 May, 2013

    Ηi! I'm at work browsing your blog from my new iphone 3gs! Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look forward to all your posts! Carry on the fantastic work!

    my web site: www.fabprefab.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comment!

Love,
ReneOct