Advertise with Http://rene-memory-list.blogspot.com

25 July 2010

Power Over Cervical Cancer

Aha ! went to Zouk at about 2 pm yesterday...


and he was with me....

Yes I was there for the BAZAAR !!! =)

Actually, I was invited to The POCC PINK PARTY
that was held at 08.30 pm and guess what?
I missed it =(
The dress code was PINK
and yes I love pink !
But surprisingly I have nothing in PINK except
white T-shirt with words in PINK =(

I had hard time finding a suitable dress and
by the time, It was almost 10pm! T-T
so I decided to give up the party =(
He didn't allow me to go alone and
he couldn't come with me anyway......
so no choice but to stay at home hiks...

I regretted lah =(((
duh wonder what's inside the goodie bag
Stuffs in PINK? If it is, I'll cry! Haha..



Ok so, at least I did went down to the bazaar...
and aha!
Zouk was transformed to something like flea market!
interesting not!?


There were a lot of stuff going at *ridiculous price...
I saw Burberry short selling at $35
D&G dress, Bebe heels, Charles and Keith, YSL bag and etc..
I saw some DJs and blogger pre-loved item too..
But too bad,
the only thing that caught my attention was this...!!!
a $5 wedges !!
huahauhua damn comfortable =)


And to show my apology for not attending the party,
This is me with a make up I did,
sincerely dedicated to POCC!

ps: I photoshoped the POCC word
as I don't know how to write it on my face..

Hahaha I know it looks scary...
but PINK enough to support POCC, I guess =)

Let's support POCC !!


What is POCC?
Power Over Cervical Cancer


What is Cervical Cancer?
It's a common female cancer that can KILL


How do yo get it?
A diseases in which cells in the cervix Grow abnormally.

Cervix pic source : www.riversideonline.com



What diseases?
HPV (Human papillomavirus)
A very common virus that normally spread
through sexual activity.


It's estimated that up to 80% of woman
will get infected by HPV
at least once in their life time.

Sometimes our body
can resolve HPV infection
sometimes NOT !!

If HPV infection remain in the cervix,
It has potential to develop into
CERVICAL CANCER
.

and it's really scary...
Try to google "cervical cancer" for picture!



Who is at RISK of getting Cervical Cancer?
ALL WOMAN who has been sexually active
1. First Sexual Intercourse at an early age
2. Multiple Sexual Partners
3. Smokers
4. Suffered from STDs HIV an other sexual diseases.



So!! What's the symptoms of Cervical Cancer?
1. Abnormal Bleeding
BETWEEN period,
AFTER menopause
(Menopause means the "end of monthly cycles")
AFTER intercourse.

2. Watery or Bloody Vaginal Discharge
that may be heavy and have foul smell

3. Lower Abdominal Pain during Intercourse

BUT

These are the symptoms found in the
LATER stages of cervical cancer

In EARLY stages of cervical cancer,
woman may have
NO signs or symptoms !


Don't wait ! Don't think!
Talk to your doctor now!



How to Prevent?
1. Practicing SAFE SEX
2. Maintain HEALTHY LIFE STYLE
3. Regular PAP SMEAR
(an early detection screening programe)
something like - regular check up
4. Vaccination CLICK HERE to find a doctor near you
HPV vaccine/ Cervical cancer vaccine
Price = It varies..
There will be total of 3 jabs..
It costs about $100- $200/ jab

Expensive? think again...!
The cost of vaccination is meager compared
to the cost of treatment.

Prevention is prettier than cure.
Remember? =P

How to support?
Pledge you support here
www.POCC.sg/pledge

Besides supporting,
you'll also get a chance to win some prizes!
so WHY NOT?

Share it to your friends and families,
Because YOU LOVE THEM,
don't you?


Power Over Cervical Cancer is a campaign that aims to make Singapore the country with the lowest incidence of Cervical Cancer and they need your help to spread the word.

Pledge your support for this cause and protect those you care about by telling them about Cervical Cancer. Together, we have POWER Over Cervical Cancer. Click the button below to begin!




LET'S GO PINK !!


2 comments :

  1. Thanks for sharing this wonderful information about cervical cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous19 May, 2013

    The Bowflex PR3000 steps 54 x 28 x ten inches and weighs around 174 Pounds which
    makes it quite compact and because it does not have weighty weights attached, you'll be able to go it from site to site within your dwelling if you need to.

    my webpage cheap bowflex selecttech 552 dumbbells

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comment!

Love,
ReneOct