Advertise with Http://rene-memory-list.blogspot.com

17 June 2010

EAT slowly please !

I have been having my lunch with Joey recently..
and she noticed that my speed of eating was DAMN FAST
She always asked me to slow down...
But I CAN'T !! Hahaha...I can finish chicken rice in 5mins...
Don't believe it?
*I am considering a video of me eating chicken rice*
in the future..haha... =P

I admit I eat really fast which is extremely BAD !!
I think the reason that leads me to EAT FAST are;

1. Since primary school, high school etc.
I have been having only 15mins break for lunch.
Which mean I have to finish everything within 15mins
including queuing time, paying time, find seat time
gossiping time etc..
I was trained from there.

2. Since I have Gucci, I've never ever had a PEACEFUL meal.
It was MY FAULT to always share what I ate with Gucci
I knew I shouldn't do that but I can't control myself.
Living in this world, eating the same thing everyday
what's LIFE means to Gucci.
Hahaha and unfortunately it leads to a VERY BAD HABIT
He always barked at me, asking for food when I am eating.
I've been trying very hard to eat my food faster so he can stop barking HUH
Absolutely WRONG !

3. I want to go shopping !!
Hahaha having lunch alone is FUN
I have been eat very fast
so I have plenty of time to go SHOPPING
or at least browsing around =_="


I just googled and found out some information
I summarize it for your reading pleasure =) ;

(source)

Here are some reasons you should consider
the simple act of eating slower:


1.Lose weight.
By eating slower, you’ll consume fewer calories —
The reason is that it takes about 20 minutes
for our brains to register that we’re full.
If we eat fast, we can continue eating past the point where we’re full.
If we eat slowly, we have time to realize we’re full, and stop on time.
Now, I would still recommend that you eat healthier foods,
but if you’re looking to lose weight,
eating slowly should be a part of your new lifestyle.

2.Enjoy your food
It’s hard to enjoy your food if it goes by too quickly.
In fact, it’s fine to eat sinful foods, if you eat a small amount slowly.
Think about it: you want to eat sinful foods (desserts, fried foods, pizza, etc.)
because they taste good. But if you eat them fast, what’s the point?

3. Better digestion.
If you eat slower, you’ll chew your food better,
which leads to better digestion.
Digestion actually starts in the mouth,
so the more work you do up there,
the less you’ll have to do in your stomach.
This can help lead to fewer digestive problems

4. Less stress.
Eating slowly, and paying attention to our eating,
can be a great form of mindfulness exercise.
Be in the moment,
rather than rushing through a meal thinking about what you need to do next.
When you eat, you should eat.

5. Rebel against fast food and fast life
Our hectic, fast-paced, stressful, chaotic lives
— the Fast Life —
leads to eating Fast Food, and eating it quickly.
This is a lifestyle that is dehumanizing us, making us unhealthy, stressed out, and unhappy.
We rush through our day, doing one mindless task after another,
without taking the time to live life, to enjoy life, to relate to each other, to be human.

Don’t eat Fast Food too !
Eat at a good restaurant, or better yet, cook your own food
and enjoy it fully. Taste life itself.

From today onward, I will take smaller bites,
chew each bite slower and longer
and enjoy my meal ! I want to live happier and healthier !! =)

But before that,
These are some junk food I had 2 days ago hahaha...

I like BK but the portion is TOO BIG
=_="

Turkey Bacon

Yam Pie !

bye !


Gucci attack !

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your lovely comment!

Love,
ReneOct