Advertise with Http://rene-memory-list.blogspot.com

17 May 2010

I would rather wash dishes instead of wiping the table

If I have a dagger that turns back time,
I would rather wash dishes instead of wiping the table -_-"

As you know (Well...if you don't know)
I am a TOURISM student..

and I LOVE TO BE A TOURISM STUDENT !!
Three word to describe my course FUN , FUN and FUN
haha ok ok that's one word =P



As a part of my course, I have to attend these two subjects

Introduction to Restaurant Service

This subject equips students with basic skills before their training in the restaurant and kitchen. Students will be taught the fundamental disciplinary and grooming guidelines required. They will also undergo a series of demonstrations, mock set-ups and trials to prepare them for operations in the restaurant and kitchen.

Culinary Science & Kitchen Operations

This is a practical session supported with lectures that will provide students with the basic knowledge and skills which are essential in the preparation of food in a Western kitchen. Students will learn how to interpret standard recipes, kitchen standard operating procedures, menu planning and culinary arts

source : http://www.tourismacademy.edu.sg/


For an Indonesian
THESE TWO SUBJECT WERE NOT EASY!

wahaha...
Yes I am referring to myself lol


It was not as easy as to only
deliver the food, serve the guest okay..
!
it's all about PROFESSIONALISM !
Imagine myself, don't even know what "tray" is,
never ever go into the kitchen,
never ever talk to stranger..!!
ok lah don't imagine..haha..

I was god-damn nervous
when I was having the restaurant service subject..
I started to learn how to talk to stranger..
how to serve food
how to be professional as a
captain, headwaiter, waiter, server, food runner
what ever position lah!
(different position everyday!)

IT WAS NOT EASY...
I have to think at least 10 second before I do the next step..
e.g :
How to greet the guest
How to lead them to their table
Memorizing, Explaining and Ordering the food
(not easy..you've to write tidily or else cashier will kill haha...)
Up-selling
Check the food with food runner
and pick up food from kitchen
Served water
Served food from right or from left
Know who eat what...Served who first...
Know how to apologize if there's problem
omg..
I WAS SO BUSY !

and ONE DAY,
The disaster finally happen!
I dropped a glass of water to my lecture
(not a bit okay but ONE FULL GLASS of water
and not on his shirt or pant
but from his hair down to his shoes)

HAHAHA
worse than raining lo...
Lucky my lecture was kind, handsome and smart person =P
(I am so sorry Mr Tan -_-")
I hoped you felt refreshed after that splash -_-"
what even worse was...
It happened during my WINE SERVING test -_-""

and let's skip about my grade of that subject..wahaha...

And again....
Another accident happened!
It happened on my culinary class..


btw CULINARY CLASS is the BEST subject
I've ever attended in these 2 years!
It was god-damn-FUN
haha...

It was totally contrasting with restaurant class lo..

Restaurant =
YOU HAVE TO APPLY MAKE UP
(no lipstick minus point)



Culinary =
YOU CAN'T APPLY MAKE UP
(with lipstick minus point)



wahaha...
I think thats the only picture that can be shown here..
haha because I don't want to scare my reader away
seeing ghost without make up lol

So, in that subject,
most of us would try to find opportunities
and learn as much as we can..
In short, avoid to wash dishes!
wahaha...or maybe it was just me =P

So one day, when I was wiping the table in the kitchen,
piang!
The food warmer (something like heat lamp)
felt down,as it was not secure
and I was so lucky -_-"
It felt down right on my hand..(lucky right?)
and as it was heavy...
I forced my hand out from it...
omg I was god-damn shock..
I can still smile and tell my friend "eh, I am injured.."
It was so scary lo..
I cried god-damn loud after realizing "I AM INJURED!" haha..

not because it hurts but THE SCAR...
=(

After that incident,
I was being shifted out from HOT kitchen =(
as I have to avoid SMOKE
what I did was to only make salad,
pudding, cake, etc (appetizer and dessert only)
wahaha...
so when my parents or relatives ask me..
what have I learn from the kitchen?
my answer will be always "salad lo"
wahahaha...

I was tasked to prepare the salad on our execution day

Main course...!! yes I made the salad OKAY ! haha..

I miss that two subject now =(

I will meet all my classmates and friends on this Thursday..
3days away!
and we're going to GRADUATE together..
omg omg..*excited*

PTBF have been saying that he wanted to watch
"Prince of Persia"

so to surprise him
I hope I'll win the preview screening ticket from nuffnang..
haha..!

Because I don't have money to buy gold class ticket to repay him =P



Catch Prince of Persia:
The Sands of Time Movie starting from 27th May 2010 and join the official Facebook and Twitter page!

2 comments :

  1. Awh, those injuries look awfully painful. =X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comment!

Love,
ReneOct